Faizan Haq has been a lecturer for Intercultural Communication at State University of New York College at Buffalo (Buffalo State College) since 2004. Ha has also been teaching courses on Organizational and International Communication.
Faizan Haq has taught Islamic Cultural History along with, U.S.A. relations with the Muslim World at State University at Buffalo for over twenty years.
In addition to Islamic Studies, his academic interests include: Intercultural Studies, International Relations, and Media Analysis. He also has taught courses on Islam and Democracy.
Presently, he is developing courses on Muslim perception in the Media, Contemporary Middle Eastern Politics, and Relations between the Islamic world and The United States.
His research interests include; relationship between organizational achievements and individual Behaviors, Islam and modernity, and postmodern communication paradigms and their effects on cultural identity.
Faizan Haq is a member several different orginzations including:
- The Association of Diplomatic Studies and Training (ADST), Washington, DC
- He is a lifetime member of Asian Studies Association
- He is Chair of Advisory Council of APPAC (American Pakistani Public Affairs Committee).
- He is serving on the Executive Board of New York Conference on Asian Studies (NYCAS)
- He is one of the founding members of the Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy (CSID)
- The co-founder and President of Pakistani American Research and Information Center (PARIC)
- He has served as Secretary and Vice President of Association of Muslim Social Scientists (AMSS)
- And served as Secretary General and Vice President of Pakistani American Congress (PAC)
- He has also served as the President of the Pakistani American Association of Western New York (PAAWNY).
Faizan Haq is a known media analyst and has been asked to render his opinions for various media networks on diverse international issues including ABC, CBS, NBC, Voice of America, and YNN. ARY, GEO TV, TV One and other Pakistani Media outlets.
He is also the founder and Publisher of WNYMuslims.org. He has launched a monthly news and policy magazine, The Collective News (thecollectivenews.com).
Faizan Haq is an active member of the Western New York Interfaith Community and is an alumnus of Leadership Buffalo 2007. He is Has been engaged in University Express program at Erie County for years and has been presenting on the The Arab Spring, Pakistani Americans at the Crossroads, Islam and Women, and Muslim Cultural Identity.